Turning 30 is a huge milestone. By the time you’re 30, most adults have started on the path that they want their lives to take. From getting married, to having children, to purchasing a home for the first time, or to finally becoming successful in one’s career, turning 30 is a reason to celebrate.
Some adults, however, find that turning 30 is quite stressful. Even though this this age is still very young, some 29 year olds feel as though 30 is the end of their youth. Others embrace this age and have big blowout celebrations. If you’ve been invited to a 30th birthday party, make the guest of honor feel extra special by arriving with the perfect gift.
Here’s Our Top 10 30th Birthday Gifts for 2017
- 1 Here’s Our Top 10 30th Birthday Gifts for 2017
- 1.1 10. Margaritaville Bahamas Frozen Concoction Maker with No Brainer Mixer – DM0600
- 1.2 9. Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker
- 1.3 8. Chezmoi Collection White Goose Down Alternative Comforter
- 1.4 7. Homedics FMS-270H Deep Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
- 1.5 6. T-fal E918SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Expert Cookware Set
- 1.6 5. Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III
- 1.7 4. Libbey Vina 12-Piece Stemless Red and White Wine Glasses
- 1.8 3. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ70 16.1 MP Digital Camera
- 1.9 2. Godiva Belgian Chocolates Gift Box
- 1.10 1. Pix-Star 10.4 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame
- 2 What Makes a Great 30th Birthday Gift?
- 3 Types of Gifts To Consider
- 4 How To Choose a 30th Birthday Gift They Will Love
- 5 Conclusion
If they love to entertain in their home, this frozen drink maker will be a useful gift that will ensure they have the best parties around. This blender is designed specifically for frozen cocktails, so it’s easy to use and gives great results.
It shaves ice, blends, and makes excellent frozen drinks like margaritas and daiquiris in no time at all.
If the guest of honor can’t start the day without a steaming hot cup of coffee, surprise them with this innovative machine that allows them to brew a full pot for their family or guests, or they can choose to brew just one cup for themselves. In the single cup brewer, there is an attachable holder that holds coffee pods.
The other side features a 12-cup glass carafe. It comes with great features like a control panel, programmable brewing, and and brew strength selector just like high-end coffee makers, only available at a fraction of the price.
At 30, everyone should have quality bedding, and this goose down alternative comforter is a superb choice that offers the comfort of down bedding without the expensive price tag. The box stitching prevents shifting, so there’s no concern about lumpy bedding, and because it is white, it goes with any décor.
This comforter is machine washable, so it is easy to care for, and it is available in Full/Queen and King sizes.
After a long day of work or chasing after young kids, it’s always nice to kick back and relax. Surprise your friend or relative with this foot massager from Homedics that helps them wind down after a long day.
It has six rotational heads, 18 massage nodes, and a heating option for ultimate comfort and relaxation.
If they like whipping up meals and snack, this nonstick cookware makes an excellent addition to their kitchen. It’s well-made, durable enough for lots of use, and comes with 12 useful pieces, including two frying pans, three pots, glass lids with a limited lifetime warranty, and cooking utensils.
14-piece and 17-piece sets are also available if you have a larger budget.
If they love blasting their favorite tunes after they come home from work, this speaker from Bose offers all of the sound quality and power they need in a small, lightweight package. This speakers connects wirelessly to smartphones, tablets, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. It is small, lightweight, and extremely portable.
Don’t be fooled by the size, though – it produces killer sound unlike other speakers of this size. It has a rechargeable battery that plays for up to 14 hours before it has to be charged again.
This is a wonderful gift for the wine-lover in your life. This set of clear glasses comes with six stemless white wine glasses and six stemless red wine glasses. They are dishwasher-safe and other coordinating pieces are available, sold separately.
Pair this set with their favorite bottle of wine or pick out a new wine you think they may enjoy.
They can capture all of their most special moments with this easy-to-use camera. This camera is loaded with features but has a surprisingly affordable price. With 16.1 megapixels, it takes stunning, clear photos in any lighting.
There are a variety of settings, 30x zoom, and it has a 3-inch LCD screen for viewing photos and easily changing settings.
Hopefully the guest of honor leaves room after the birthday cake to enjoy this delicious Belgian chocolate. This box of assorted chocolates has flavors like strawberry cheesecake and dessert truffles.
There are a total of 27 chocolates in this box, which is elegantly wrapped and ready for gift giving.
Instead of the traditional photo frame that holds just one photo, the recipient can display all of his or her favorite photos with this digital photo frame. This frame utilizes all of the latest technology so it’s easier than ever to view and share photos. It holds up to 20,000 photos in the onboard memory, and it’s also compatible with memory cards and sticks.
The Wi-Fi option connects to a network for easy sending and receiving of photos directly from the frame with no computer required. It is easy to set up this digital frame, and it mounts on the wall or can be placed on a table. If you want to invest a little more money, a 15-inch model is also available.
What Makes a Great 30th Birthday Gift?
For a 30th birthday, you may be pressed for what to buy because at this age, many adults will simply buy what they need. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t plenty of things that they want that you can purchase for them. Buying a gift doesn’t have to be complicated, and with a few considerations to keep in mind, you can have just as much fun buying the gift as you can at the party.
• What is your relationship with the guest of honor? – In order to buy the right gift, you have to evaluate your relationship with the guest of honor. If you’re very close, you want to make sure you reflect how well you know the person with a well-thought out gift. If it’s an acquaintance or someone you don’t have a very close relationship with, it may be a little bit more difficult.
You can ask mutual friends about the person’s interests, or you can even give a thoughtful card along with a gift card that can be spent in a restaurant, store, or online.
• Should a gag gift be an option? – As a person gets older, the change of getting a funny gag gig related to age increases. A gag gift can be amusing, but you have to consider if it will be well-received. If a friend is not excited about turning 30, making light of the situation may make it worse, so gag gifts should be avoided.
If the guest of honor is nonchalant about his or her age, a gag gift may be fun, but make sure you also buy a serious gift to show the person that he or she is loved.
• What makes them tick? – In order to buy a gift for anyone, you have to think about their interests. Do they love fashion? Are they a TV junkie? Do they have to have the latest electronics? Or do they prefer spending time outdoors? Think about everything the person likes, and then brainstorm ways that you can use their interests to find a great gift. You may even consider thinking outside of the box. If they love the arts, take them to a local art show or surprise them with tickets to a play that’s coming to town.
If they love dining at new restaurants, check into specials at local restaurants that allow them to sample a special menu prepared by the chef. If they enjoy a fine glass of wine, find out if there are any local wineries you can visit for a wine tasting or see if any are offered by restaurants in your town. A great gift, depending upon a person’s personal interests, doesn’t necessarily come in a gift box.
• What is your budget? – Your personal budget can influence what gift you plan to purchase. Don’t feel like you have to spend more than your budget allows. If you’re very close to the soon-to-be 30 year old and you want to buy him or her a wonderful gift that’s truly unforgettable, you have a few options if your bank account is running a bit low. You can plan ahead and save up for the gift, or you can use a little ingenuity to find an affordable alternative for the right gift at the right price.
You should always be financially responsible with buying gifts, even if it’s for someone very special like a wife or a parent. You shouldn’t spend more than what you can afford, and with careful planning, you don’t have to do so.
Types of Gifts To Consider
• Housewares – By the age of 30, most men and women have their own apartment or may have even purchased a new home. Help them decorate their home with a painting, vase, or other décor that matches their color scheme. If you have never been to their home, ask a friend for some suggestions.
There are also other household necessities that make great gifts, include high thread count sheets, bedding, and towels.
• Kitchen tools – At this age, many people know how to whip up a great meal. If they love spending time in the kitchen, consider purchasing new cookware, meat thermometers, a nice wooden cutting board, serving sets, or place settings.
Cookbooks also make great gifts, as well as small household appliances like blenders, coffee makers, and toaster ovens. If you visit their home often, look around the kitchen to see if anything is missing that you think they might could use.
• Sentimental gifts – If the person turning 30 is a sibling, best friend, or someone else you’re close to, consider going the sentimental route. Photo frames with a great picture of the two of you, an album full of years of memories, or little trinkets that remind him or her of your time spent together throughout the years all are great gift ideas.
You can even include a handmade card that expresses how much you truly care to make this a gift that will last through the years.
How To Choose a 30th Birthday Gift They Will Love
When it’s time to shop for a 30th birthday gift, keep three things in mind: budget, personality, and usefulness. Before you even start shopping, your budget needs to be planned out. Set a price range that you’d like to spend for the gift and stick to it. Next, think about their personality and the kinds of things they like. If they don’t drink alcohol, for example, a set of crystal goblets isn’t a great gift idea. Finally, think about whether or not it will be useful to them.
If they’re too busy with work to make a home cooked meal, a new set of cookware will be unused. If they have young children in the home, an expensive vase could get knocked over and broken. By remembering these three things, you can more easily find the perfect gift.
A 30th birthday is a very special celebration, so it’s only fitting that you arrive at the party with a well-thought out gift for your loved one. Remember to always keep their interests in mind while you shop so that you can pick a gift they’re sure to use and enjoy all throughout the year. With these great gift ideas, you’re sure to make their 30th that much happier, all while finding something within your budget.