An anniversary is an occasion worth celebrating. Marriage is a lot of hard work, and those who make it work should celebrate each year that they make it through the good times and the bad. While anniversaries aren’t just about getting gifts, they do make the occasion even more special.
If you’re celebrating an anniversary, whether it’s your first or your fiftieth, take time out of your busy life to not only plan to spend time with your spouse, but also to plan a great anniversary surprise that he is sure to love!
Here’s our Top 10 Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him – 2015 Edition
- 1 Here’s our Top 10 Anniversary Gift Ideas for Him – 2015 Edition
- 1.1 10. Seiko Mantel Chime Clock Brown Wooden Case
- 1.2 9. PlayStation 4 Console
- 1.3 8. Coleman 8-Person Red Canyon Tent
- 1.4 7. Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- 1.5 6. Stanley 94-248 65-Piece Homeowner’s Tool Kit
- 1.6 5. Citizen Men’s AT9010-52E “World Time A-T” Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Watch
- 1.7 4. The Art of Shaving Full Size Kit
- 1.8 3. Our Wedding Anniversary Memory Book
- 1.9 2. Dockers Men’s Trifold Wallet
- 1.10 1. King Will 6MM Tungsten Carbide Men’s Wedding Band Ring
- 2 What Makes a Great Anniversary Gift for Him?
- 3 Types of Gifts To Consider
- 4 How To Choose a Gift He’ll Love
- 5 Conclusion
Surprise him by dressing up your home with this high-quality mantel clock, created by Seiko, a leader in the clock and watch industry. The brown wooden case and white dial complements any color scheme and décor, it has smooth Quartz movement, and it chimes every quarter of an hour.
This is a good choice for your first anniversary, or it can be given at any yearly milestone.
If your husband loves spending his spare time engrossed in video games, surprise him with the latest console from Sony. He’ll be able to enjoy playing his favorite games in stunning high-definition, play online, and also watch Blu-rays and DVDs. This is a total entertainment system that will provide him with hours of fun for years to come.
This set comes with all of the cords and cables you need to hook it up, as well as a wireless controller for convenient gameplay. Don’t forget to include a game so he can experience this great system right away.
Spend some time in the great outdoors in this roomy 8-person tent. It comes with room dividers to create three separate rooms, so you can have your privacy when you need it. If it rains, the WeatherTec system keeps you completely dry.
This tent is designed for ultimate airflow, and it’s extremely easy to install so you can spend more time bonding with your family and less time fighting with a complicated tent. As an added bonus, reserve a tent site at your local camping spot so you can immediately put this gift to use.
If he spends a lot of time on his phone for business or keeping in touch with family and friends, upgrade his outdated model with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. He’ll be able to make and receive calls, text with loved ones, browse the Internet, and play on fun games and apps.
This phone is also equipped with a video recorder, camera, voice controls, and so much more. The large size also makes it easy to view the screen for reading emails, texting, or watching videos.
This tool set is a great gift for the handyman of your home. This set is loaded with quality Stanley tools, including ratchets, sockets, screwdrivers, pliers, and other handy tools, all packed in a convenient compartmentalized case.
These tools are high-quality, extremely durable, and ergonomically designed for comfort.
If your husband has great style, this watch is the perfect accessory to add to his collection. This watch features a classic stainless steel design combined with modern features like orange details, hidden push-button closure, radio-controlled world time, and Eco-Drive technology that is powered by light, so you don’t have to change the battery.
It is water resistant and complements any ensemble, from business to casual.
If your husband always likes to look his best, this shave kit is a perfect addition to your bathroom. He’ll always get a clean, close shave with this kit that contains four great products. Each kit comes with a shaving brush, pre-shave gel, shaving cream, and aftershave balm.
These products contain sandalwood, which is good for the skin and smells great.
Never forget a single memorable moment with this anniversary book. This book spans a total of 50 years and allows you to record all of your special moments together. It also has many pages available for photos, so you can add your favorite professional and candid photos of the two of you for a book that you both can enjoy looking at throughout the years.
If you’ve been married for some time already, make sure that you begin filling in the pages with your memories and old photos.
A wallet is something he uses everyday, so why not replace his old, worn wallet with a new one? This leather wallet is soft, durable, and has a classic design. It has a bill compartment, card slots, and an ID window, so it provides him with plenty of space for all of his cash and important cards.
You can add an extra surprise with this gift by slipping a gift card to his favorite store or restaurant in one of the card slots before you give it to him.
Over the years, a wedding band can become scratched, dull, and damaged, especially for men who do hard labor day in and day out. A stylish new wedding band makes a wonderful surprise for your next anniversary. This ring is available in a wide range of sizes for the perfect fit.The cobalt-free tungsten is durable, tough, and ready to withstand years of daily wear. The 6mm width is just the right size for a man’s ring finger.
The matte finish gives it a fashionable look without being too over-the-top, and the comfort fit design makes it comfortable enough for daily wear.
What Makes a Great Anniversary Gift for Him?
Shopping for an anniversary gift can be tricky. There are so many products to choose from, and with other occasions like Christmas and birthdays, you may be all tapped out of great gift ideas. However, the process of buying and presenting a gift to the man you love the most doesn’t have to be so complicated.
In fact, when you really think about it, it should be easy since you are buying for someone that you know so well. Instead of getting overwhelmed with all of your options, remember the following four points that can aid you in picking the ideal anniversary gift.
• Expensive isn’t everything – Who says a great gift has to be expensive? You don’t have to blow your savings account to show your man that you love him. Look at your household budget and determine what you can comfortably spend. Nothing ruins a great gift faster than having to play catch-up all month for bills and other living expenses.
Once you’ve determined your budget, make sure to stick with it. If you’ve found a great gift but it’s more than you can afford, comparison shop online or look for something that is comparable but more affordable.
• Go with tradition – It’s tradition to purchase your husband a certain gift based on how many years of marriage you are celebrating. There is a traditional gift list. However, many found this list to be a bit outdated, so a modern list has taken its place. For example, for the first wedding anniversary, the traditional gift is paper.
On the revised list, the first anniversary gift is a clock. These lists make the gift-giving process quite simple and sticks with tradition.
• Spend some well-deserved time together – Sure, you spend time together, but you usually do so between working full time, cleaning and maintaining a household, and raising children. It’s easy to feel rushed when spending quality time together, and with so much going on, a cloud of stress could be looming over you. For your next anniversary, consider getting away from it all. Book a petsitter for your pets and a babysitter for your kids if needed, and take a weekend away from work, stress, and everyday life. You don’t have to go to an exotic location. Even going to a hotel or cozy cabin a few towns over can help reignite the passion in your marriage and help you come back to real life feeling more refreshed.
If you can’t get away for a full weekend, even going on a day trip to experience something the two of you never have before makes a great gift and allows you to bond and reconnect with your spouse.
• Remember his interests – Do you nag him about the way he dresses, or do you wish he would go to the opera or ballet with you? Your anniversary is not the time to try to change his interests. Don’t purchase him a gift that’s better suited for yourself. Instead, consider his unique personality and personal interests in order to get a gift that you know he’ll love.
Types of Gifts To Consider
• Outdoor equipment – Does he love spending his weekends fishing by the lake, going on hunting expeditions, or camping out in the wilderness? If he’s an outdoorsman, treat him to something that he can use on his next outdoor expedition. Buy him a new fishing pole or tackle box to replace his old, worn ones.
For the hunter, buy him some new camo gear or a GPS device for trips deep out in the woods. If he likes camping, buy a big tent big enough for the whole family for his next camping trip.
• Sporting goods and tickets – 2, 4, 6, 8, who do you appreciate? Show the sports fan in your life how much he is appreciated with a sports-themed gift he’s sure to love. Does he enjoy being out on the field? New equipment and gear is a great surprise for your anniversary.
If he’d rather be in the stands rooting for his favorite team, surprise him with tickets so he can watch them up close and personal instead of from the living room couch.
• Man cave gifts – Whether it’s a space in the basement, a garage, or a dedicated room, adding to his man cave is sure to be a surprise. Keep it simple with some new wall décor, or go all out with a big screen TV, new gaming console, comfy chair, or a fun game table he can enjoy with his pals.
• Gadgets galore – Most men love having the newest gadgets, and if your husband is no exception, present him with the latest tech gear for your next anniversary. Some of the latest items to consider include Bluetooth speakers, computers, TVs, smartphones, and tablets. You can buy him something completely new or purchase an upgraded version of something he already owns.
How To Choose a Gift He’ll Love
As mentioned earlier, it is extremely important to keep his own interests in mind when shopping for him. An anniversary gift should be well-planned and should reflect how well you know him. Buying just any old thing and wrapping it up just won’t do for this special milestone celebration. Instead, make sure that you plan in advance for your anniversary.
If you want to purchase him a more expensive gift, begin saving ahead of time so you don’t empty out your bank account. Also, remember the value of a handcrafted gift. You can draw, paint, write, or create something that he can keep close to his heart throughout the years. Gifts like these don’t cost much (if anything), but they can be more valuable than anything you could purchase in a store or online.
Your annual wedding anniversary is an occasion that should be celebrated with time spent together, love and passion, and great gifts. By remembering his interests, his personality, and all of the things you love about him, it’s quite simple finding the right gift at the right price. You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a gift he’ll love, but you do need to put time and effort into your purchase to show him how special he is to you and how thankful you are to be married to such a wonderful man.