If you have a special man in your life, a birthday is the perfect time to show him how much you love and appreciate him. Whether it’s your spouse, a boyfriend, your brother, your father, or even just a close friend, it’s important that you pick a gift for his next birthday that he’ll truly love.
With so many products on the market, though, how do you ever pick the right gift? All you have to do is keep these tips in mind, and you’re sure to find something that he will love receiving on his next birthday.
Our Top 10 Birthday Gift Ideas the Men in Your Life Will Love
- 1 Our Top 10 Birthday Gift Ideas the Men in Your Life Will Love
- 1.1 10. Bulova Men’s 96B175 “Precisionist” Stainless Steel Watch
- 1.2 9. Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
- 1.3 8. Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
- 1.4 7. Van Der Hagen Men’s Luxury Shave Set
- 1.5 6. Tommy Hilfiger Men’s Ranger Passcase Wallet
- 1.6 5. Ray-Ban RB3025 Aviator Sunglasses
- 1.7 4. Powerbeats 2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones
- 1.8 3. Garmin nüvi 52LM 5-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps
- 1.9 2. Cuisinart CGS-5014 14-Piece Deluxe Stainless-Steel Grill Set
- 1.10 1. Apple iPad Air 2
- 2 What makes a great Birthday Gift for Men?
- 3 Types of Gifts To Consider
- 4 How To Choose a Birthday Gift For Him
- 5 Conclusion
This attractive watch is perfect for any occasion. Whether he’s stepping into the boardroom or out on a date, this watch is the perfect accessory for any ensemble. Its classic stainless style design never goes out of type, and best of all, it’s accurate within seconds a year.
It is water-resistant, and it’s backed with a three-year limited warranty, so you know it’s built to last.
If he’s the type to try out new fragrances, this one is sure to be a hit. This popular designer cologne is clean, casual, and great for any occasion. Mint, lavender, and other fragrances combine to form this incredibly intoxicating scent, which has been a favorite of men since 1995.
You can purchase the scent in a variety of sizes, or you can select a gift set that includes extras like after shave and after shave balm.
The best part of waking up is having a fresh cup of coffee in just seconds, which is possible with this Keurig brewer. In no time at all, he’ll be enjoying a single serving of his favorite coffee. This brewer uses K-Cups, which don’t require measuring or messing with messy coffee grounds.
If he just can’t get his day started without a steaming hot cup of joe, this brewer is an ideal birthday gift that you should consider.
He can clean up his act easily with this luxurious shaving kit. This kit comes with a badger hair brush, monogrammed apothecary mug, hypo-allergenic shave soap, and a combination brush and razor holder to keep everything right at his fingertips on the bathroom counter.
This great kit is very affordable, and it’s perfect for the man that likes to take care of himself.
Give him a stylish place to store his cash with this Tommy Hilfiger wallet. It is made of 100 percent leather so it’s very durable and looks great. He’ll have plenty of room for all of his most important things, with one bill compartment, six card slots, and a pass holder with ID window.
This wallet is the perfect mix of functional and fabulous.
He can look stylish on the sunniest days in these cool aviators, designed by Ray-Ban. Choose from multiple colors to match his own personal style. These sunglasses come with polarized lenses that offer 100 percent U.V. Protection, and it comes with a case for protection and a cloth for cleaning.
These sunglasses take a traditional aviator design and makes them even more stylish for years of fun in the sun.
He can tune out everything around him and focus on his favorite music with these in-ear headphones made by Beats by Dre. No wires are required – simply link them to a Bluetooth-enabled device for hassle-free listening. These work at a distance of up to 30 feet away from your device.
They are water resistant, so he can wear them while he works up a sweat during a workout, and it can even be used for hands-free (and safe) calling.
We all know the running joke about men who won’t stop to ask for directions, but with this GPS unit, he won’t have to. The large, 5-inch display is easy to see, so he’ll always know when every turn is approaching. The touchscreen design is easy to use (when not in motion, of course.)
It features voice controls for turn-by-turn navigation, and it has lane assist. It also has lifetime maps, so you’ll always have the most updated information.
If he loves showing off his cooking skills at summertime barbecues, this grill set has all of the tools he needs to make perfect chicken, steak, burgers, hot dogs, or other tasty grilled foods. This set comes with chef’s spatula, grill tongs, silicone basting brush, 4 pairs of corn holders, cleaning brush, and extra brush head, all made of durable stainless steel for years of use.
All tools come packed in a sleek, stainless steel carrying case.
The electronics-lover in your life will be in shock when he opens up this fun gadget. The iPad Air 2 has developed a reputation for utilizing the latest technology to become a handy device for home, the office, or even on the go. He can listen to his favorite music, keep up with friends and family through social media, browse the web, read a book, or play a game or app.
The iPad Air is the perfect way to mix business and pleasure, and if the man in your life loves electronic gadgets, this gift is sure to be a hit.
What makes a great Birthday Gift for Men?
A great birthday gift, like any other gift, isn’t based on the amount of money you spend. If it’s something that he’ll use and enjoy, the price tag simply doesn’t matter. This should always be what you keep in mind while you shop. Set your budget before you begin shopping, keeping in mind the average costs of any gifts you are considering. There are gifts for men in all different price ranges, so you don’t have to worry about exceeding your budget if you shop carefully. There are, however, a few other things you should keep in mind while shopping to ensure you buy a great gift.
• Consider your relationship – Something purchased for a husband may be completely inappropriate for a sibling or friend. Think about the relationship you two have, as well as how close you are. If, for example, you haven’t seen your brother in years and you don’t know anything about his interests, a generic gift card may be perfectly appropriate, whereas this would not be such a great gift for your husband (unless, of course, he specifically asks for this gift.)
An intimate framed photo in a love-themed photo frame is a sentimental gift you can present to her husband but would likely not be a good choice for a male best friend.
• Put his interests first – Remember, a birthday gift is something that the recipient should enjoy, so put his interests first. Don’t purchase him something that you would like. If your husband doesn’t share your taste in music, buying him concert tickets to see your favorite artist isn’t something that he will appreciate. If you want your sporty brother to be more stylish, buying him expensive shoes or designer clothing isn’t a gift that he will enjoy.
Think about the man’s interests, what really makes him tick, and work off of that. If he loves sports, give him tickets to his favorite sports team’s next big game. If he likes the finer things in life, present him with a great bottle of wine. Really thinking about a person’s interests helps narrow down your options when shopping for a birthday gift.
• Don’t go overboard – You don’t have to go overboard to show someone that you love them. Instead of picking out 10 gifts you think he’ll love, put more thought into getting just one great gift. Getting a bunch of things that he may or may not like or purchasing something completely over the top at the last minute may seem like a nice sentiment, but you want your gift to be well-thought out, planned according to his interests and personality, and given with love.
An expensive watch may seem like a great gift, but if it just isn’t something he wants, it will spend more time on his dresser than on his wrist. The key idea here is to plan your purchase. Whether it costs $10 or $1,000, the real meaning is the thought you put into it.
• Put real meaning behind your gift – Sometimes, the best gifts come straight from the heart. When children present their parents with homemade gifts with meaning, it’s worth more than a pound of gold to the parents. This concept also applies to adults, as well. Put together a photo album for your best friend with memories of the two of you throughout the years. You can even scribble notes and quotes throughout that have meaning to the both of you.
For your husband, a handwritten letter in a world of email and text messaging can be quite refreshing and extremely meaningful. Contrary to what stereotypes would have us believe, many men would love to receive a sentimental gift that’s thought out and made just for him.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with a store-bought gift, and if you have a great idea for something to purchase, you should buy it. However, you can even make these gifts more meaningful by attaching a handwritten note or card letting the recipient know how special he is to you.
Types of Gifts To Consider
• Cologne and skin care – If the man you know loves to take care of himself, cologne and skin care products make a great gift choice. Pick up a new bottle of his favorite cologne if he’s running low, or find similar scents that he might like to try for the first time. Shaving kits, beard and mustache grooming kits, and skin care products designed specifically for men are all great birthday gifts for a man who likes to look his best.
• Cool tunes – Most people love listening to music, and you can bring the gift of great tunes to the special man in your life on his next birthday. If he doesn’t have a portable music player, consider an affordable MP3 player. If you want to go all out, buy an iPod Touch, which has an internet browser, Wi-Fi, apps, games, and more.
If he already has a music player, give him some quality earbuds or headphones to use for privacy while listening to his favorite songs. If he’d rather listen to music live, buy him tickets to a concert he’d enjoy.
• Sports gifts – Many men love sports, whether they’re out on the field playing or just sitting at home watching in front of the TV. If the man you know plays a sport, pick up some new equipment for his chosen game. You can easily work this into your budget. For example, if he loves golf, there are a variety of golf gifts in all price ranges. If the sky is the limit, you could pick him up a new golf bag or a great set of clubs. You could even buy him a round of golf or purchase a golf excursion for him, as well.
If you’re working with a smaller budget, you could make a basket with golf accessories, like gloves, tees, and balls. If he’d rather watch than play, consider purchasing tickets for his favorite team.
• Tasty gifts – Most men love to eat, so why not give him something he can munch on in the days following his birthday? A gift basket loaded with sweet candy and salty pretzels or popcorn makes a great gift. You could also take him out to his favorite restaurant or a new restaurant the two of you have been wanting to try. If he’s more into what he drinks than eating, present a coffee lover with gourmet roasts or a nice bottle of vino for the wine connoisseur.
How To Choose a Birthday Gift For Him
You want to put as much thought into your gift as possible. Don’t just grab the first thing you see in the men’s department. Instead, think about the personality traits that you love in the recipient, as well as their interests. Begin by setting a budget. It’s always best to start with a range of prices if you’re unsure of exactly what you’re going to purchase. Once you have your budget in place, it’s time to start brainstorming your ideas. You can even write down a list of interests if this will help you come up with a great gift idea.
Consider things that are useful, as well. If he’s a student, a new backpack or (on the more expensive side) a laptop computer to keep up with courses are both great ideas. If he’s all business, a nice leather briefcase or a dress watch will look perfect with his designer suits. The goal is to find something that you know he will get use out of, and maybe even add an element of surprise to make it an extra special birthday.
When birthday shopping for the man in your life, you have lots of different choices. In fact, the whole gift-giving process may be a little overwhelming, but it really doesn’t have to be by keeping all of these tips in mind. By staying within your budget and considering what he likes, you’ll easily be able to find the perfect gift that he’ll love.