Various technologies have been created over the years in order to make physical activities simpler and easier to do. Some of these technologies include cooling towels and running headlamps, to name a few. Another popular technology is football gloves. Increasingly, players of all skill levels are discovering the benefits of modern football gloves. Whereas once football gloves were designed primarily to keep players’ hands warm, today’s advanced models use proprietary technology to add incredible stickiness to the palm and fingers, giving wearers unparalleled benefits in ball handling.
Many younger players are discovering that wearing a pair of stylish, modern football gloves increases personal confidence and self-esteem, thus maximizing performance enhancement and sports satisfaction. A pair of quality, advanced gloves identify players immediately as dedicated participants, ready and able to transfer, throw and catch balls with confidence and ease.
Compare: The 10 Top Rated Football Gloves of 2017
|Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves||Cutters||$$$||4.9|
|Under Armour Men's UA F4 Football Gloves||Under Armour||$$$||4.7|
|EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves||EliteTek||$||4.5|
|Under Armour Men's UA Nitro Football Gloves||Under Armour||$||4.3|
|Wilson Adult Receivers Glove with Ribbon||Wilson||$||4.1|
|Men's Nike Vapor Fly Reciever Football Gloves||Nike||$$||4.5|
|adidas Adizero 5 Star 3.0 Football Gloves||adidas||$$||4.5|
|Men's Nike Vapor Jet 3.0 Reciever Footall Gloves||Nike||$$||4.5|
|Nike Superbad 3.0 Men's Football Gloves||Nike||$||4.2|
|Cutters The Reinforcer Football Gloves||Cutters||$$||4.6|
What are the different types of Football Gloves?
- 0.1 What are the different types of Football Gloves?
- 0.2 What are the advantages of using Football Gloves?
- 0.3 Which models are the contenders for the Best Football Gloves?
- 0.4 Considerations for Choosing the Best Football Gloves
- 0.5 Gripping Technology
- 0.6 Style
- 0.7 International Standards
- 0.8 Comfort and Fit
- 1 Conclusion: Our Football Gloves Reviews Are In
- 1.1 EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – Best Low-Cost Football Gloves
- 1.2 Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – Best Football Gloves for the Money
- 1.3 Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – Best Football Gloves Overall
- 1.4 In Conclusion
While many types of football gloves exist on the market today, most models feature a special surface on the front that increases tackiness and friction with the ball, allowing for firmer, surer grips. Today’s football gloves come in a wide variety of colors and looks to match team or school colors. With so many styles available, today’s models have elevated football gloves to a fashionable accessory for many players.
Different companies use different types of tacky or sticky surfaces on their gloves, which users should carefully analyze and study according to their sports-playing needs. Some gloves are designed to be extremely snug, a “second skin”, allowing greater flexibility and mobility.
Other gloves focus more on comfort and padding, allowing both beginner and intermediate players greater confidence and success in catching hard-thrown balls. Some organized school associations or leagues require that all football gloves be certified as meeting a regulatory standard, and different models of gloves are available to meet that demand.
What are the advantages of using Football Gloves?
While football gloves are primarily targeted at active sports professionals and players, many other people enjoy the comfort, flexibility and advanced design of today’s models. Security guards, law enforcement professionals and other non-sports career fields often offer opportunities and possibilities of wearing football gloves for enhanced job performance. Men and women working outdoors, exposed to the elements, or relying on critical gripping manual technologies for their job can take advantage of the many benefits of wearing football gloves.
Sports players of all levels report that wearing stylish, modern gloves equipped with the latest in gripping technology dramatically increases performance in ball handling. Just knowing that these specially-designed gloves are designed to help improve ball handling gives many beginning or younger players the strategic confidence that they need to confidently catch and handle the ball.
Even elite and professional players rely on football gloves to maximize the surface area that can potentially grip a ball, helping to dramatically increasing pass completion rates, yards run, and other ball handling situations.
Which models are the contenders for the Best Football Gloves?
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – The EliteTek RG-14 gloves range from tiny XS sizes for little children all the way to adult sizes for professional athletes. Using their patented Grip Tech surface on the front of the glove, athletes and players can improve their handling, reception and ball transferring skills with these very snug gloves. With a stylish and modern design, these gloves are a favorite amongst child and adult players alike.
Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – The Cutter Pro Receiver gloves are designed for professional athletes and serious sports enthusiasts. With an advanced tacky material applied to the palm and front wrist, ball handling is improved. With a wide variety of colors and unique designs available, Pro Receiver gloves can be matched to team or school colors for use in regulation games.
Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – These top-quality gloves offer professional protection and gripping ability for professional and student athlete football players. Made from advanced materials to allow the skin to breathe and remain cool and dry, these gloves are coated with a patented sticky material that can dramatically improve ball handling. With several styles to choose from, these gloves will add flair and dash to any player’s on-field performance.
Considerations for Choosing the Best Football Gloves
- Gripping Technology – The most important function of a good football glove is to help the wearer increase their grip on the ball. Using advanced technologies and space-age materials, today’s football gloves come treated with patented formulas to add tackiness and increase hand friction in order to improve ball handling.
- Style – It’s not just enough to have a glove work well, it also needs to look good. With a wide variety of styles to choose from, today’s football players can find a modern, elegant design to match their needs. Colors can be matched to school or team colors, or simply chosen as a statement of personal fashion.
- International Standards – Many parents and student athletes invest money in a pair of football gloves, and want to make sure that they are up to the codes and standards required by school or other teams. It’s important to know whether a particular model of football glove is compliant with the regulatory body or organizational rules and standards.
- Comfort and Fit – Savvy players know that a good pair of football gloves will provide hours of comfort and flexibility, as well as increased stickiness on the palm and front of the glove in order to help enhance ball handling. Well-fitting, comfortable gloves will keep hands cool and dry, preserving maximum flexibility and range.
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – All ElieTek gloves rely on the company’s patented Grip Tech technology in order to improve grip and tackiness. While the gripping technology cannot be refreshed, the EliteTek gloves are designed to last over several seasons of regular use.
Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – These gloves benefit from both the company’s patented C-TACK material on the first and front, but also on the wrist, to help increase grip coverage. The tacky material can be refreshed or “recharged” by machine washing or a quick wipe from a wet or damp cloth.
Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – These gloves are treated with the company’s patented Armour GrabTack technology to make hands ultra-sticky and tacky. With a single-piece, seamless palm, these gloves maximize the area of contact with the ball, giving the GrabTack material a firm grip on the ball.
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – Many players enjoy the modernist, minimal look of the Elite Tek RG-14 football gloves, which come in a futuristic mixture of shiny grey and black material. The entire front and palm of the EliteTek RG-14 is a brilliant black with bisecting gray stripes, giving players a stylishly aggressive pair of advanced gloves.
Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – The Cutters REV Pro Receiver Gloves come in a dizzying array of different styles and designs, including bright primary colors, pastel, neon, and combinations of different colors. With over 40 models to choose from, the REV Pro Receiver Gloves can be chosen to match team colors or to suit the fashion preferences of the individual wearer.
Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – These gloves are extremely professional looking, and come in over a dozen different color varieties, allowing athletes to match with school or team colors. With their seamless palm design and custom fit closure, these gloves deliver a crisp, professional appearance and look absolutely first-rate on the field.
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – While this model of glove definitely helps football players and other sports athletes experience performance enhancements with better reception, transfer and handling of the ball, the EliteTek RG-14 gloves are not currently rated as being compliant with any national football organization.
Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – All Cutters REV Pro Receiver Gloves are designed to meet or exceed the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) standards.
Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – These exceptional gloves are rated as meeting or exceeding the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) standards, as well as NCAA (collegiate athletics) and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFSH) standards. Comfort and Fit
Comfort and Fit
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves – The fabric is amazingly thin, and many users report that they almost feel as if they aren’t wearing gloves at all. Precisely because the glove is designed to be so snug, it can sometimes be a challenge to put on a pair of these gloves. But with an excellent grip technology on the palm and a tight, form-fitting design, the EliteTek RG-14 gloves offer excellent comfort to youth and adult athletes alike.
Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves – These advanced gloves use a flexible system on the back of the hand to decrease weight and make the fit more comfortable. Synthetic panels add support, helping players and athletes sustain the impact of receiving balls while increasing their grip during ball transferring, carrying and handling.
Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves – Using the company’s patented HeatGear material, these gloves can keep hands cool, light and dry even during hours of gameplay. The cutting-edge fabric lets the skin on the hand breathe, allowing hands to stay cool and dry and ready to respond. These gloves are designed to be slightly snug, and have an excellent aesthetic feel that is appreciated by professional athletes.
Conclusion: Our Football Gloves Reviews Are In
These snazzy gloves come in both adult and youth sizes, and offer a stylish and modernist way to improve ball handling. Using advanced technology, the fabric of the EliteTek feels very thin, improving tactile receptivity in the fingers and hands, making for more secure and dextrous ball handling.
- The black and gray design will definitely attract attention, and the palm grip technology will allow for even moderately talented athletes to see improvements in ball handling
- Designed to perform under all weather and surface conditions, these gloves give players an extra boost when it comes to passing, receiving and catching footballs
- Unfortunately, some customers have found that the EliteTek RG-14 sizes a bit smaller than standard
- Many customers recommend ordering one size larger than normal to accommodate these extremely snug gloves
- While the gloves are designed for extended play, the seams can begin showing signs of deterioration after a hard season of use
Cutters has set the standard for athletic gloves for many years now, and the REV Pro Receiver gloves are another outstanding addition to the company’s line-up. With a wide variety of colors, rechargeable tackiness, and support panels, the REV Pro Receiver gloves are an outstanding accessory to help players transfer, handle and catch balls.
- Based on the color choices alone, these gloves would be a winner
- But where the REV Pro Receiver gloves really shine is the generous use of the C-TACK material on the palm and wrist
- Athletes will see increased performance enhancement in catching balls, as well as outstanding retention of the ball during runs and ground plays
- These gloves are comfortable, stylish and built to last through heavy use in all weather conditions, making them of great benefit to amateur and professional players alike
- These gloves can be a bit pricey for some budgets
- Some users have reported that the gloves lose some tackiness when handling wet balls or when playing during rainy conditions
- The Velcro closure can be damaged with overuse or hard treatment for extended periods of time
These top-of-the-line gloves are perfect for any professional or serious athletic competitor. Fabricated from the company’s patented breathable material, and covered in the company’s patented tacky coating, these gloves will offer fantastic improvements in ball handling, transferring, carrying and receiving.
- The unique closure and single-piece palm mean these gloves really do offer a fantastically improved grip on the ball
- Short of glue, nothing offers a stickier grip than these elite gloves, which should help any athlete or sports professional dramatically improve their ball handling performance
- Designed to meet all national sports organization standards, these gloves will offer durable protection and enhanced ball handling for years
- These gloves may be outside the price range of some budget conscious consumers
- Some users have reported that the gloves experience minor deterioration after extended use
- Other users have reported that the gloves require an extended “breaking in” period before they can be used to maximum efficiency
Whether you’re a parent shopping for youth sports games or an adult athlete in need of a tremendous performance enhancement, today’s football gloves offer a wide range of styles, materials and gripping technologies. Buyers should carefully consider their sports needs when buying football gloves, and be sure that regulatory or ruling authority standards are met. A good pair of football gloves should be durable, fit comfortably, keep the hands cool and dry, and use advanced tacky materials to form a firm grip on the ball.
While other models offer a range of features, the Under Armour Men’s UA F4 Football Gloves are simply the best all-around football gloves on the market. With their seamless one-piece palm coated in advanced sticky materials, players can easily and effortlessly handle balls. The Under Armour Football Gloves look fantastic, with a range of stylish colors, and will plainly announce to the other players on the field that the wearer is taking advantage of the best advancements and developments in the field of manual gripping technology available on the market today.
When it comes to quality, style, comfort, and performance, no other model of football gloves can compare to the Under Armour Men’s UA F4.