Marriage is a wonderful thing, and spending your life with the person you love the most is certainly a blessing for many couples. However, this doesn’t mean that marriage doesn’t have its ups and downs. In fact, marriage always takes work from both partners, no matter how long you’ve been married. This is why every anniversary is such a huge milestone – it means that you’ve made it work with your partner and have honored your vows for another year.
Making it to 50 years is something that every couple dreams of on their wedding day, and when that day arrives, it is certainly worth celebrating. An anniversary gift from wife to husband, and from husband to wife is customary each year, but an extra-special gift after 50 years has to be extraordinary.
Here’s Our Top 10 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for 2017
- 1 Here’s Our Top 10 50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts for 2017
- 1.1 10. Golden 50th Anniversary Throw
- 1.2 9. Bulova B1845 Durant Old World Clock
- 1.3 8. Amazon Collection Classic Fit 14K Plain Wedding Band
- 1.4 7. 14k White Gold Princess-Cut Diamond Wedding Band
- 1.5 6. Michael Kors Two-Tone Runway Twist Watch
- 1.6 5. Coaster Home Furnishings 900749 Traditional Grandfather Clock
- 1.7 4. Eagle Design Pocket Watch Half Hunter Vintage Design PW-65
- 1.8 3. Amazon Collection 14k Gold Satin and Polished Crossover Hoop Earrings
- 1.9 2. Our Wedding Anniversary Memory Book
- 1.10 1. Malden International Designs 50th Anniversary Ceramic Milestones Picture Frame
- 2 What Makes a Great 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift?
- 3 Types of Gifts To Consider
- 4 How To Choose a 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift
- 5 Conclusion
This throw is perfect for keeping the couple warm in front of their fireplace, and it looks great when thrown over the back of a sofa. 50th Anniversary lines the border of this throw, and the central design is a pair of doves along with the quote “On your Golden Anniversary, no treasure is more precious than a love grown golden with time.”
This is a budget-friendly gift you can purchase that a happy couple can enjoy for years to come.
This beautiful pendulum clock is a great gift for any anniversary. Made by Bulova, a leader in timepieces, you know it is durable and accurate at keeping time. The solid wood cabinet has a walnut finish, so it matches almost any décor and color scheme.
It plays music on the hour, and it even comes with an engraving plate for personalization to make it truly special.
If the marriage has withstood the test of time but the wedding band really hasn’t, surprise her with a new gold band to celebrate this Golden Anniversary. This 2mm band is comfortable to wear and is the perfect size for pairing with an engagement ring.
This version is available in white gold or yellow gold, and men’s styles are also available. It is available in multiple sizes for the perfect, comfortable fit.
This anniversary ring/wedding band will look beautiful when placed on her hand for a 50th wedding anniversary. It is set in solid 14 karat white gold, and it showcases a full 1/4 carat of stunning genuine diamonds.
This ring makes a perfect new wedding band, or it can be worn on another finger as an anniversary band celebrating your love for one another. It is available in half sizes from 4 to 8.5.
This designer watch for her makes a very thoughtful 50th anniversary gift. It has a gold-tone, stainless steel case with yellow gold accents, so it’s a traditional gift with a modern twist. The twisted bracelet makes this a unique piece that looks great for any occasion.
It is water resistant, lightweight, and comfortable to wear, and combined with the eye-catching design, it is an excellent choice for an anniversary gift.
This clock would look wonderful in any foyer, living room, den, or study. Its cherry finish coordinates with other pieces of furniture, and the gold accents give it a rich, warm look that dresses up any room.
This battery-operated clock features battery-operated timekeeping, a swinging pendulum, and it has a chime option that can be turned on or off.
Surprise him with a classic pocket watch that’s surprisingly affordable. This watch features a classic eagle design on the front, smooth Quartz movement, and an antique gold finish.
This pocket watch comes ready to wear with a matching 14-inch chain and also in a gift box, so it is immediately ready for presenting.
Surprise her with a beautiful new accessory that she can wear with just about everything. These unique crossover hoops are designed with glistening 14 karat gold. Satin and polished finishes complement each other perfectly to make these earrings truly unlike any others.
The Duragold finish resists scratching and denting, so they’ll always look beautiful. They are available in your choice of white gold, yellow gold, and white gold/rose gold combination.
This album spans 50 years of marriage, so all memories until this point can be recorded. It features beautiful watercolors and quotes, along with a space for a photo on each page on the left, as well as quotes and space to write special memories on the right-side pages.
This is a wonderfully sentimental gift that is ideal for a 50th wedding anniversary.
Celebrate a wedding anniversary with sentimental memories with this beautiful ceramic frame. It has two slots to hold photos, one from the wedding day as well as a current photo. It has an easel back so it can be displayed on a mantel, desk, or tabletop. Make this gift even more special by enclosing a handwritten note or poem.
This is a budget-friendly gift for anyone purchasing for a couple, or it can be paired with a piece of gold jewelry for an extra-special gift from a man or woman to his or her spouse.
What Makes a Great 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift?
When a couple makes it through 50 years of marriage, they may often throw an anniversary party. Friends and relatives of the couple may even plan a surprise celebration. Whether you’re celebrating 50 years with your own spouse or you’ve been invited to a party for a special couple in your life, bringing the ideal gift is something you’ll certainly want to consider. However, for this very special occasion, how do you ever pick the right gift?
If you need to buy a 50th wedding anniversary gift, take heed of these suggestions to find the gift that’s perfect for that special person in your life.
• Are you attending the party or are you the guest of honor? – Before you start shopping, it’s important to establish your role in a 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Are you celebrating 50 years with your spouse? If so, you want to make sure you make this occasion extra-special by surprising him or her with a fabulous anniversary gift. In these cases, your budget is likely going to be higher than if you were purchasing a gift for someone other than your spouse. If you’re attending a celebration for a parent, you also want to make sure you spend extra time planning out a great gift they will love. Your gift should be a reflection of how well you know them, and it should have true meaning behind it. If you’re invited to a party for other relatives or friends, you also need to plan. However, you may opt to work with a smaller budget.
• Keep things traditional – If it’s your anniversary, stick with the traditional list of annual wedding anniversary gifts. For the 50-year celebration, both the old and new gift lists have gold as the gift you should present to your spouse. If you’re buying a gift for your wife, there are many options available, from beautiful gold rings to gold earrings. If you’re buying for your husband, consider a gold wristwatch, pocket watch, or even a new gold wedding band if his needs to be replaced.
• Personalize it – A personalized gift is much more meaningful than just any old thing you can buy online or in a store. A beautiful engraved plaque or a clock with an engraving tag etched with a beautiful quote or even the date of your marriage makes for a very special and sentimental gift. You can also buy a piece of jewelry and take it to your local jeweler for custom engraving.
• Consider going on a trip – Celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary in an exotic location by planning a trip for you and your spouse. You can go anywhere the two of you can just kick back and relax, whether it’s on a white sand beach or in a cozy cabin on a mountaintop. If you’re a guest of a 50th wedding anniversary, consider pooling your money with other friends, relatives, and guests to surprise the happy couple with a trip for the two of them to have fun together. To keep up with the gold theme of a 50th anniversary, wrap the tickets and itinerary in a box with a shiny gold bow.
Types of Gifts To Consider
• Jewelry – You can never go wrong with jewelry as an anniversary gift. If you want to stick with the traditional gold theme of a 50th wedding anniversary, look for pieces set in 10, 14, or 18 karat gold. For women, an anniversary band studded with diamonds is a nice surprise. A bracelet, ring, or high-quality watch makes a great gift for men.
• Clocks – A clock makes a beautiful addition to any home, and as mentioned earlier, many clocks come with plates for engraving so it can be completely customized. A small mantle clock is a great idea for those on a tight budget, while a full-sized grandfather clock is the perfect way to go all out.
• Photo gifts – Celebrate a very special couple with the gift of memories. Whether you have a large canvas printed with a wedding photo of them or you purchase a beautiful framed wedding poem that has a slot for a special photo, these gifts allow a couple to celebrate many years of marriage and reminisce about the past. You can also take the time to make a photo album or scrapbook highlighting the special moments all throughout the years.
• Time spent together – A trip is a great way for a couple celebrating 50 years of marriage to rekindle the flame, but this may be too expensive. Going to something that both people are interested in can make for a very special gift. This includes a concert, a Broadway play, a sports event, or even to a nice restaurant that the couple loves. Think outside of the box and don’t just give them something they would quickly buy for themselves — provide them with an experience that they will never forget.
How To Choose a 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift
Since this is the Golden Anniversary, try to stick with the theme if you can. If you’re celebrating with your spouse, jewelry has already been mentioned as a great idea. If you’re on a budget or just a guest of an anniversary bash, you can think outside of the box to stick with this theme. A portrait surrounded by a gold frame, a gold silk scarf, or bedding in a beautiful shade of gold are all gifts that you can consider. Before you buy, set a budget. You want to make this a memorable occasion, but you don’t want to spend beyond your means.
If you do have a very expensive gift in mind, begin saving well in advance so you don’t overdo it. It’s also important to remember that it’s the thought that counts. Sometimes, making a family quilt or taking the time to put together a scrapbook celebrating this momentous occasion is worth far more than anything you can purchase online or in a retail store.
Putting your heart into the gift is what really counts, not how much you spent.
Marriage isn’t always easy, but with hard work, it’s worth the ride. Celebrating 50 years is an incredible accomplishment that should be celebrated with love, hugs, and great gifts. Whether you’re celebrating 50 great years with your spouse or honoring a very special couple in your life, make sure you take the time and effort to get a great anniversary gift that shows just how much you care.