With regular use, your car will start to lose a bit of its shine. This is just a natural part of being in this world. But that doesn’t mean that there’s nothing that can be done to bring your car’s shine back. If you want your car to look as shiny and as new as possible, you’re going to need a high-quality car wax.
Car waxes give your car a shine while staving off the heat and light from the sun. This not only allows for your car to possess a nicer aesthetic, it also ensures that your paint job will last over a longer period of time. Looking for the best car wax you can find? This helpful guide is here to assist you.
Compare the Top Ten Best Car Waxes of 2017
|1. Chemical Guys WAC_201_16 Butter Wet Wax||Chemical Guys||Paste||$$|
|2. Meguiar's G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax||Meguiar's||Paste||$$|
|3. Car Guys Car Wax||CarGuys||Liquid||$$|
|4. Meguiar's G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax||Meguiar's||Liquid||$$|
|5. Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax||Turtle Wax||Liquid||$$|
|6. Turtle Wax T-223 Super Hard Shell Paste Wax||Turtle Wax||Paste||$|
|7. FMS Shiny Polishing Carnauba Paste Car Wax||FMS||Paste||$$|
|8. Mothers 05500 California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax||Mothers||Paste||$|
|9. Adam's BW2-16 Car Wax||Adam's||Paste||$$|
|10. Formula 1 Carnauba Paste Car Wax||Formula 1||Paste||$|
What Types of Car Waxes are There?
- 1 What Types of Car Waxes are There?
- 2 Reviews: The Top 10 Best Car Waxes To Buy
- 2.1 1. Chemical Guys – Butter Wet Wax
- 2.2 2. Meguiar’s Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax
- 2.3 3. Car Guys Hybrid Spray Wax
- 2.4 4. Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax
- 2.5 5. Turtle Wax ICE Spray Wax
- 2.6 6. Turtle Wax Super Hard Shell Paste Wax
- 2.7 7. FMS Shiny Polishing Carnauba Paste Car Wax
- 2.8 8. Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax
- 2.9 9. Adam’s BW2-16 Car Wax
- 2.10 10. Formula 1 Carnauba Paste Car Wax
In general, there are two different types of car waxes available. These types of car waxes include paste waxes and liquid waxes. For the most part, the waxes behave in the same ways. However, there are some differences.
Liquid car wax is a lot easier to apply, though typically can’t be applied with quite as much accuracy as paste waxes. It must be wiped on with a towel or buffer, making it impossible to move with your hands.
Paste car wax can be shaped and configured with your hands, allowing for much greater accuracy overall. However, it’s not quite as easy to put on. Because it can’t be sprayed, it must be slowly spread across the paint job of your car. Of course, with the use of a buffer, it’s not difficult at all to apply
Also read: Our Guide to the Best Car Wash Soap Brands
Reviews: The Top 10 Best Car Waxes To Buy
If you’re looking for the absolute best car wax on the market today, you might very well be interested in this one from Chemical Guys. Coming in a 16-ounce bottle, it carries a thick, but spreadable consistency that is very easy to work with.
This is a carnauba-based wax, meaning that it possesses natural components which will don’t do any damage to your paint job. It’s designed to give your vehicle a shiny and sleek look. Resistant to sunlight, it doesn’t allow heat or light to wear down your car’s paint.
All in all, this is a superb car wax, and can very arguably be called the best option around. It’s available for a mid-level price, and offers more than enough value to make it worthwhile. It can also be bought in gallon jugs.
- Made out of carnauba, giving it a safe and natural properties
- Available in either 16-ounce or 1-gallon jugs
- Offers top-notch protection from the sun and heat
- Paste consistency is solid, but easy to spread
Next up on our list is the Meguiar’s G7014J Gold Class Carnauba Plus Paste Wax. This wax is right on par with the Chemical Guys wax ranked above, and is arguably the best car wax on the market today. Available for a mid-level price, it comes in jars of 11 ounces.
This wax possess both carnauba components and synthetic polymers which are safe on all paint jobs. They provide protection from the sunlight as well as rain, giving your car a clean and reflective shine all the while.
Possessing a paste consistency, it is solid but spreadable, and capable of being applied with your bare hands. All in all, this is a terrific car wax. Plus, it comes with a foam applicator which makes it beyond simple to apply to your car.
- Paste consistency is solid, but soft enough to spread smoothly
- Offers terrific protection against the sun and rain
- Carnauba and synthetic components offer very long duration
- Leaves a smooth, shiny, and reflective sheen on your car
Another top-notch car wax is this one from Car Guys. This is a liquid wax which comes in a spray bottle of 18 ounces. Available for a mid-level price, it offers tons in the ways of protection and cleaning capabilities.
It’s made out of carnauba paste as well as synthetic components, giving it a long-lasting effect that will provide months of functionality. This is a completely safe car wax which not only gives your car an attractive shine, but protects it from rain and sunlight as well.
If you’re looking for a car wax that’s very easy to use, and which affords tons of cleaning and protection benefits, this is the one for you. All in all, it’s the best liquid car wax on the market today.
- Comes in a spray bottle which makes appliance as easy as possible
- Consistency is equal parts liquid and paste, making it easy to spread
- Offers tons of protection from the sun and rain
- Provides your car with an aesthetically-pleasing shine
Next up on our list is the Meguiar’s G18216 Ultimate Liquid Wax. This wax possesses a liquid consistency and comes in a 16-ounce bottle. Available for a mid-level price, it’s great for both protection and cleaning purposes.
It makes use of a synthetic formula that is completely safe on your car’s paint job. Because it’s synthetic, it is capable of lasting for a very long period of time. Protective against both light and water, it can withstand the sun and rain with flying colors. It does a terrific job of beading water, ensuring that it slides directly off your car.
All in all, this is a very effective liquid car wax. It spreads on very easily, delivers results after it’s been applied, and remains for months at a time. After taking everything into account, it’s right up there with the Car Guys wax reviewed above.
- Designed to last for months at a time
- Offers superb protection from the sun and the rain
- Provides you car with a bright and shiny aesthetic
- Liquid consistency is very easy to spread on
Next up on our list is the Turtle Wax T-477R ICE Spray Wax. This is a mid-level car wax which is available at a mid-level price. It comes in a 20-ounce bottle, and offers quite a bit in the ways of sun protection and general cleaning capabilities.
This wax is compatible with all automotive paints, and can also be used on rubber and plastic components. Unlike many waxes, it can also be used on glass in order to give it a water-resistant outer layer.
It does a terrific job of protecting paint from harmful UV rays. As a spray wax, it can be easily applied to surface of an automobile, spreading on simply with the use of a buffer or rag. All in all, this is a terrific mid-level car wax. It’s arguably the best car wax for the money.
- Can be used on metal, plastic, rubber, and glass
- Possesses water-repellant properties to improve beading
- Protects against the harmful rays of the sun
- Produces a sparkling and sleek shine
And now, another car wax from Turtle Wax. This time we’re discussing the Turtle Wax T-223 Super Hard Shell Past Wax. Coming in a 9.5-ounce jar, it’s available for an extremely reasonable price.
This is a paste wax, meaning that it possesses some solidity, but is still fairly easy to spread from place to place. It offers a strong protective surface to the exterior of your vehicle, protecting it from the sun, water, and various other external stimuli.
While this is not the absolute best car wax on the market today, it’s very arguably the best budget car wax on the market today. If you’re looking for something that will quite simply get the job done without spending a great deal of money, look no further.
- Paste-like consistency provides strong surface protection, but spreads on smoothly
- Available for a very reasonable price
- Offers protection from the sun’s UV rays
- Holds up for very long periods of time
Another solid mid-level car wax is this one from FMS. Available for a mid-level price, it comes in bottles of around 10.6 ounces. Though it’s not the absolute best, it still offers quite a bit in the ways of cleaning and protection capabiliities.
This is a carnauba wax, meaning that is possesses a bevy of natural components. Not only does this wax give your car a clean, glowing shine, it also helps to wipe away minor scratches. It also creates an outer shell which is resistant to both acid rain and UV rays.
Unlike many waxes on our list, this one comes with accessories such as cotton cleaners, sponge applicators, and more. This allows you to get started with waxing as soon as you receive it. All in all, it’s a terrific product for its price .
- Comes with accessories such as cotton cleaners and a sponge applicator
- Creates an outer shell to protect against acid rain and UV rays
- Reduces the visibility of scratches and gives your car a glowing shine
- Paste-like consistency offers tough exterior protection
One of the more reasonably priced car waxes on our list is this one from Mothers. Coming in 12-ounce jars, this is a paste wax which offers quite a bit in the ways of cleaning capabilities and sun protection.
This is a carnauba wax which provides plenty of natural components for cleaning and polishing purposes. It’s compatible with both fiberglass and gel paints, making it suitable for the vast majority of cars.
All in all, this wax from Mothers is an above average car wax. If you’re looking for a great paste wax at a decent price, this one could very well interest you.
- Available for a fairly reasonable price
- Paste consistency provides strong exterior shell, but spreads on easily
- Accommodates both fiberglass and gel paintjobs
- Does a terrific job of protecting against the sun
Next up on our list is Adam’s BW2-16 Car Wax. While it’s a little expensive, it still offers enough functionality to make it worthwhile. Coming in 16-ounce bottles, it will last long enough for a few full-car applications.
This wax does a great job of filling in small scratches, giving your car a fresh, shiny look that it hasn’t had since it was created. It does a superb job of beading water, making it a great wax for counteracting rainfall.
It’s a carnauba wax, meaning that it contains natural components which will not damage your paint in any way. All in all, this is a high-end, but expensive car wax. It certainly won’t let you down, but you could probably find something similar for a lower price.
- A little more expensive than the majority of waxes
- Paste-like consistency provides terrific exterior protectoin barrier
- Protects against both UV rays and rainfall
- Fills small scratches and gives your car an inviting shine
The last car wax we’ll review is this one from Formula 1. This wax comes in 12 ounce jars, and is available for a very affordable price. If you’re looking for the cheapest paste wax you can find, look no further.
Despite its low price, this wax still provides plenty in the ways of sun protection and cleaning capabilities. It’s made out of natural carnauba, providing a strong exterior coat to the surface of all automobiles.
It lasts over fairly long periods of time, and can, in many cases, be used just once yearly. Possessing standard water beading properties, and above average sun protection capabilities, it’s quite simply a consistent and reliable car wax.
- Available for a very affordable price
- Does a terrific job of protecting paint from UV rays
- Offers a shiny and clean aesthetic to any car
- Works for long periods of time, especially for its price