When the holidays roll around, it’s the season for spending time with the people you love the most, eating great food, and decorating the Christmas tree. Another big part of Christmas is buying gifts and depending on how good you are at giving gifts, this is either something you look forward to or something you completely dread. Exchanging gifts is fun, but getting the right gift for everyone on your list can be quite stressful, especially for those you love the most, including your mom.
If you’re scratching your head over what to buy for your mom or even feeling completely stressed out because you just don’t know what to buy, take a deep breath and take heed of these helpful hints for how to pick a unique gift for your mom.
Our Top 10 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas Your Mom Will Love
- 1 Our Top 10 Unique Christmas Gift Ideas Your Mom Will Love
- 1.1 10. Dr. Scholl’s Quick Heat Paraffin Spa Bath
- 1.2 9. Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
- 1.3 8. French Vanilla Bath Gift Set
- 1.4 7. Apollo Precision Tools DT3790P 7-Piece Garden Kit
- 1.5 6. Canon EOS Rebel T5
- 1.6 5. Vera Wang Princess
- 1.7 4. SHANY Makeup Artists Must Have Pro Eyeshadow Palette
- 1.8 3. Michael Kors Rose Gold Parker Watch
- 1.9 2. Sterling Silver Diamond Heart Pendant Necklace
- 1.10 1. Pioneer “Family” Text Design Sewn Faux Suede Cover Photo Album
- 2 What Makes a Great Mother’s Christmas Gift?
- 3 Types of Gifts To Consider
- 4 Choose The Perfect Present
- 5 Conclusion
Paraffin wax is very popular in spas, but it can be expensive. Why pay so much for just one treatment when it can be done conveniently at home? If your mom likes to be pampered, this paraffin spa bath will make a wonderful gift. Paraffin wax works to soften rough skin, and it can be used on the hands, feet, and elbow.
This set comes with a wax bath, thermal mitts to use on the hands, and three full pounds of wax for multiple treatments.
Help your mom stay connected with everyone she knows and loves with this smartphone. It’s small, lightweight, and very easy to use. It’s equipped with an Android OS, which gives her access to all of the latest applications and games.
She can take photos and videos, check her email, and communicate with her kids and loved ones.
Mom can kick back and relax with this delightfully scented french vanilla bath set. This set comes with everything needed for a spa experience in her own bathroom, including shower gel, bubble bath, bath salts, bath fizzers, body lotion, and body spray.
It comes packaged perfectly in a two-tone natural wood and faux leather jewelry box.
If your mom loves spending time outdoors tending to her garden, she’ll appreciate this great garden kit. It comes with seven pieces designed to make gardening even more enjoyable. This kit comes with an apron, narrow trowel, trowel, rake, knee pads, gloves, and shears.
The feminine pink color is an extra touch that makes this set an excellent Christmas gift choice.
If your mom is always using her camera to record family gatherings, holidays, and special moments? If so, give her an upgrade with this DSLR camera from Canon. This camera provides exceptional, professional-quality photos, and it can be customized with interchangeable lenses (sold separately.)
This camera is easy to use, has multiple options, and would make a great gift for any mom who likes to be behind the memories capturing everything through her lens.
Every woman deserves to feel like a princess, and your mom will every time she puts on this perfume from fashion designer Vera Wang. This light and fresh scent is a combination of golden apricot, water lily, pink frosting, and other delicious fragrances.
It comes in a heart-shaped bottle adorned with a crown, and it makes a wonderful gift for Christmas. You can purchase the perfume alone or in a gift set packaged with extra goodies like body lotion.
If your mom is a makeup junkie, this eyeshadow palette will fit perfectly in her collection. This palette has been used for runway looks all around the world, and now, your mom can use it to achieve all of the latest makeup looks.
This set comes with 96 cruelty-free eyeshadows that are resistant to smudging and highly pigmented. All colors are matte, and she will have her choice from neutral browns and soft blues to bold hot pink and red.
Make sure she stays on schedule in style with this fashionable watch from Michael Kors. Its rose gold finish looks great with any ensemble, and it is encrusted with two rows of rhinestones circling the face.
This is a medicine-size watch that is just the right size – big enough to show off without being gaudy. It makes an ideal gift for the fashionable mom.
Shower her with beautiful diamonds without emptying your bank account with this affordable yet beautiful diamond heart pendant. This heart is set in glistening sterling silver and adorned with ¼ CTW of genuine diamonds. It is dainty, delicate, and ideal for everyday wear.
This pendant comes with an 18-inch sterling silver rolo chain.
Give her a sentimental gift she’ll appreciate throughout the years with this beautiful faux suede photo album. It is printed with idioms including family, good times, and love, so it’s ideal for leaving out of a coffee table or displaying on a bookshelf. Before you give the album to your mom, fill it up with your favorite family photos.
Make sure to include photos of your siblings, dad, and other friends and family members. It holds a total of 200 photos, so you can add all of your favorite memories. Include a handwritten note or handmade card to give her a Christmas gift she’ll adore.
What Makes a Great Mother’s Christmas Gift?
There isn’t just one great gift out there, and in fact, what may be right for one person may be completely wrong for your mom. When picking out a Christmas gift for one of the most special women in your life, it’s important to remember a few things before you drop your hard earned money on something that she will never use.
With these things in mind, you’re sure to find the gift that’s exactly what your mom is wishing for.
• Put time and thought into the gift – If you make a last minute purchase at your local drugstore on Christmas Eve because you’ve procrastinated or you just don’t know what to purchase, your mom will know. She likely won’t say anything to you, may smile, and may even pretend to love it, but she will know when you haven’t planned out your purchase. Don’t wait until the last minute to get a gift for your mom. Instead, begin planning in advance. This way, you can come up with a few ideas when you initially brainstorm, and then you can narrow it down to a few favorite items. Finally, you can pick the best gift after you’ve thought about it for some time.
By taking the time to plan, you can evaluate any pros and cons and rethink any ideas that you may be questionable about. If you plan to spend a good amount of money, this also gives you time to save.
• Put your heart into the gift – Sometimes, it’s the little things that count. This doesn’t mean that you should just purchase a small, inexpensive gift for your mom and think it’s acceptable. Of course, if it’s small and inexpensive but it’s something that she’ll love, by all means purchase it. What is really important is that the gift is a reflection of how you feel about her and how well you know her. This means that you could get her the purse she pointed out to you online or you could make or purchase a sentimental and meaningful gift that she’ll love year after year.
Whether you purchase her something she would never buy for herself because she gives so much to others or whether you spend the time making a collage of your favorite family moments, make sure any gift you give was purchased (or made) with love.
• Consider what she loves the most – Of course she loves her family, but think of her interests outside of raising a family. If she loves pampering and taking care of herself but would never treat herself to a spa trip, plan one for her. If she looks at fine jewelry with a gleam in her eye but wouldn’t buy it for herself, purchase it for her Christmas gift.
From sports to cooking to enjoying her outdoor patio or pool, think about what your mother enjoys, as well as things that interest her that she wouldn’t spend money on, and use this for purchasing a Christmas gift.
• Spend time with her – No matter what age you are, it’s always a good idea to spend time with your mom. As we get older, it seems that we have less time to spend with the people outside of our household that we love. This should never be something that happens between you and your mom. If it’s been a long time since it was just the two of you, take her out for a night out on the town. If you’re a daughter, take her to the local spa, boutique, and then out for dinner at a lovely cafe.
If you’re her son, take her for a nice dinner, to a movie, or even to a Broadway show or local play. It doesn’t really matter what you do, though. The time spent with her child will be one of the best gifts she could receive.
Types of Gifts To Consider
• Perfume – Most women enjoy a nice bottle of perfume. Find out what perfume she normally wears, and if she’s running low, refresh it with a new bottle. If she’s the type to try new scents, get her a similar scent she may enjoy. If she typically wears light florals, stick with that scent instead of picking a spicy musk.
You can also purchase her a gift set with multiple designer fragrances so she can switch up her signature scent whenever she wants.
• Designer handbags – Moms spend years toting around diaper bags, and then many tote around inexpensive bags that may have to withstand stains, holding toys, and being ripped. Treat her to a nice designer bag this Christmas.
If you’re unsure of what type of bag she would like, stick with a neutral bag in a soft, durable leather. Coach, Michael Kors, and Dooney & Bourke are all great brands that have bags in a variety of price ranges, from right around $100 to over $1,000.
• Mobile electronics – Even when their kids are all grown, most moms still lead a very busy life. So busy, in fact, it may be difficult to keep up with friends and family on a regular basis. You can change all of that by presenting her with a great new smartphone or tablet that allows her to make and receive calls, send and receive emails, make video calls with FaceTime, download games, apps, and music, and do so much more wherever she goes.
• Jewelry – If your mom loves beautiful jewelry, surprise her with something that sparkles this Christmas. Sterling silver and gemstone pieces are extremely affordable, while diamonds and pearls are a bit more expensive, but they are classic pieces that never go out of style and can be worn for any occasion.
Bracelets, necklaces, and earrings are all great choices for sons and daughters to purchase for their moms during the holiday season.
Choose The Perfect Present
Before you begin shopping for your mom, the first thing you need to do is set your budget. Once you’ve decided approximately how much money you want to spend, the next step is to brainstorm ideas. It may even help to write them down. Think about her interests, think about things she needs, and try to remember if she has mentioned anything that she has wanted for herself but just didn’t buy. Once you’ve evaluated all of these points, you should have a good list that you can work from.
Browse online to look for different types of products based on her interests to get an idea of what’s on the market. As you browse, begin marking things off the list, as well as moving more popular ideas up. With careful planning you should be able to effectively narrow it down to something that she wants and that she will use.
Your mom is a special woman, and with the right gift, you can show her exactly what she means to you. While Christmas isn’t all about gifts, giving a present to your mother and seeing her smile is worth every penny. With these tips, you can certainly find the right gift at the right price that will make for a Christmas your mom won’t soon forget.