Few things make you feel more confident in yourself than a beautiful, bright smile. When you have white teeth, sometimes it seems as though you just can’t resist showing them off. You would think that regular dental visits and maintaining good oral hygiene would be enough to give you the bright, white smile you desire, right?
Wrong! Even with good oral hygiene, your teeth may become stained and discolored. You can blame things like soda, tea, coffee, wine, and smoking for stains that just won’t seem to go away, even with daily brushing. If you find that your teeth just aren’t as white as they should be, it’s time to consider using a home teeth whitening kit.
The 10 Best Teeth Whitening Kits of 2017
|Shine Whitening Zero Peroxide||Shine Whitening||$$||4.8|
|Crystal Smile Advanced Lite||Crystal Smile||$||4.7|
|Dr Song Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit||Dr. Song||$$||4.6|
|Crest 3D White Luxe Whitestrips Professional Effects||Crest||$$$||4.6|
|Ultra White Teeth Whitening Kit||Ultra White||$$||4.6|
|Iconic Teeth Whitening At Home Kit||Iconic||$$||4.6|
|GLO Science GLO Brilliant Whitening Gels||GLO Science||$$$$||4.6|
|Lovely Smile Professional Quality||Lovely Smile||$||4.5|
|Philips Zoom Whitening||Philips||$$||4.5|
Introduction: What is a Teeth Whitening Kit?
- 1 Introduction: What is a Teeth Whitening Kit?
- 1.1 What are the Different Types?
- 1.2 Why Use a Whitening Kit?
- 1.3 Which Teeth Whitening Kits are the Best?
- 1.4 Considerations for Choosing the Right Kit
- 1.5 Processing time
- 1.6 Sensitivity
- 1.7 Time for results
- 1.8 Price
- 2 Conclusion: Our Final Reviews Are In
A teeth whitening kit is a collection of products designed to help reduce the appearance of stains to provide you with teeth that are whiter than ever. If you just can’t seem to get your teeth any whiter with regular brushing and whitening toothpastes, you may need to use a whitening kit.
It’s important to know that these kits do not replace good dental hygiene or visiting your dentist regularly. Instead, these should be used as an additional tool to provide you with the smile of your dreams.
What are the Different Types?
When you’re ready to take the next step to improve your smile, you’ll find many teeth whitening kits available for at-home use. It is very important to know about each type so you’ll choose one that provides you with the best results.
- Strips – These are the easiest teeth whitening kits to use. Simply apply a strip, coated in a whitening agent, to your teeth. You use one strip for the top and one for the bottom. You can resume your daily activities as you let the whitening gel penetrate your teeth. Once you’re finished, simply remove the strips and rinse. These can be repeated as needed to achieve the lightening you desire.
- Gels and trays – These have an advantage over whitening strips because they cover all of your teeth, whereas strips do not whiten your back teeth. With these kits, you add a whitening gel to soft plastic trays. You then insert the trays in your mouth so they fit over your top and bottom teeth and allow the gel to process.
- LED light kits – With these kits, you apply a gel directly to your teeth or in a tray, then use a special LED light to activate the gel, providing you with fast and effective results.
Why Use a Whitening Kit?
If your teeth aren’t as white as you want them to be or you can’t get rid of stubborn stains, the best teeth whitening kits help improve the appearance of your teeth. You can whiten your teeth by several levels right in the comfort of your own home, giving you the brilliant smile you’ve always wanted.
Some of the best whitening kits rival those that you can get in a dentist’s office. The main difference is that at-home kits are typically more affordable than professional whitening treatments that can easily cost hundreds of dollars.
Which Teeth Whitening Kits are the Best?
Get fast results with this professional-grade kit that amplifies your results with an LED light.
Even sensitive teeth can be whitened with this kit that uses natural ingredients and no peroxide.
Get professional results without paying professional prices with this dentist-grade kit that guarantees satisfactory results.
Considerations for Choosing the Right Kit
Much like other dental products like toothbrushes and toothpastes, there are lots of choices available when it comes to whitening kits. The good thing about this is that you’re sure to find a kit that works for you. The bad part is that you have to weed through hundreds of options and hope you make the right choice. Before you throw money away on a kit that doesn’t fit your needs, make sure that you check out these four features in each kit you consider.
If you’re always on the go and you never have time to slow down, you’ll want a whitening kit that doesn’t have to sit on your teeth for very long. Look for a kit that only needs to be applied a few minutes per day in order to see results. Be aware, however, that faster processing times mean a stronger product, which can make your teeth sensitive, which leads us to your next consideration.
If you have sensitive teeth, you need to avoid very strong whitening kits, and you may need to wait several days before applying another treatment, if needed. Sensitive teeth can become very painful when a whitening product is used. Another option is to avoid any product that contains peroxide, which increases your sensitivity.
Time for results
How long do you have until you want to see results? If you have a big upcoming event like a wedding or prom and you need fast results, look for a product that whitens to your desired level in a short period of time. If you’re in no hurry or you have very sensitive teeth, you can use a product that whitens over a period of one or two weeks.
One of the best parts of at-home whitening kits are that they are priced well below what you would pay for in-office whitening. Whitening toothpastes and rinses are priced at less than ten dollars, while dental-quality kits may cost around $50. Take your budget into consideration before you make your purchase.
Crystal Smile Advanced Lite
Each whitening session with this advanced whitening kit takes 45 minutes. Multiple sessions may be required to achieve your desired results.
When you whiten with this kit, you will leave the whitening gel on for 15 minutes per whitening session.
Smartsmile Whitening Kit
Each session lasts from just 5 to 15 minutes, so you can easily whiten your teeth and continue on with your busy life.
Crystal Smile Advanced Lite
This whitening product does contain peroxide, so those with overly sensitive teeth may experience some pain during use.
Because there is no peroxide in this product, you do not have to worry about the pain associated with sensitive teeth.
As with other peroxide whitening kits, those with extremely sensitive teeth may notice some pain when using this product.
Time for results
You can begin seeing results after just one use with this product. Teeth that are badly discolored may require several applications over a few days to achieve more dramatic results.
Results may vary, but most users tend to see results between one and two weeks with consistent use.
You will see results after the first use, and you’ll notice dramatic improvements after just a few days with daily use of this kit.
This complete kit is one of the more affordable professional-quality whitening kits on the market.
You can get the white teeth that you’ve always wanted with this affordable kit. It is a budget-friendly option for those who want whiter teeth without paying hundreds of dollars.
This is the most expensive of the three reviewed. However, it is a fraction of the cost for what you would pay for an at-home kit from the dentist.
Conclusion: Our Final Reviews Are In
You can achieve professional results without paying hundreds of dollars with this easy to use kit. High-grade peroxide gel works to lighten your teeth by several shades. Even badly stained teeth will look much whiter after just a few 45 minute applications.
This kit comes with everything you need to whiten your teeth at home. You’ll receive two thermoforming mouth trays, one for each row of teeth, which are designed to fit comfortably over all teeth types. You’ll also receive a 10cc vial of 35% hydrogen peroxide whitening gel, as well as an LED accelerator light that provides you with better results. You can store your mouth trays in the included storage case, and refills of the gel are available for teeth touchups.
- This is a budget-friendly teeth whitening option
- It utilizes professional-quality 35% peroxide gel for fast results
- The instructions are clear and detailed
- The whitening process is very easy
- Well-designed trays provide a perfect, comfortable fit
- Some sensitivity may occur with the peroxide gel
- Molding the trays for the first use can be a time consuming process
Have you avoided whitening your teeth because they are so sensitive? If you’ve had a bad experience using dental trays or strips that contain peroxide, you’ll want to give this whitening kit a shot. It does not contain peroxide, and it is made with botanical ingredients that are designed to whiten without causing pain and sensitivity.
This kit contains two 10-cc gel syringes, whitening trays, and an LED light that is used to speed up the whitening process. It comes with clear instructions, as well as a storage case for your trays. Gel refills are available for further whitening and maintenance.
- This is a great option for those with sensitive teeth
- It is made with botanical ingredients and doesn’t contain peroxide
- Results may be seen in as little as 3 days
- The trays are comfortable and cover all of your teeth
- The kit is easy to use
- Processing takes just 15 minutes per session
- Shaping the trays can be a pain
- Results may not be seen for one to two weeks
- Results may not be as good as whitening kits with peroxide
When you want a dentist-grade whitening kit without spending hundreds of dollars, this is a great alternative. With 35% peroxide gel, comparable to what many dentists use in-office, you’ll begin seeing results after just the first use. If you have badly stained teeth, you’ll notice dramatic improvement after using it for a couple of days.
Processing time is just 5 to 15 minutes each day. This kit has a great mint taste, and you don’t have to worry about a bad aftertaste after use. With this kit, you’ll receive two syringes of whitening gel and two trays for your top and bottom teeth. You can get your teeth several shades lighter after just a few applications, and your satisfaction is assured with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- It uses dental-grade peroxide for fast results
- This kit can effectively lighten your teeth by several shades with just a few 5 to 15 minute sessions
- The gel can be used with an LED light for faster results
- Enough product is provided for two 10-day sessions
- The trays are easy to shape to fit your mouth
- It can be painful for those with sensitive teeth
- The instructions are not clear
You don’t have to hide your smile because of stained and discolored teeth after you use a high-quality whitening kit. You won’t have to empty your bank account, and you’ll feel comfortable and relaxed using a kit in your own home. If you believe whitening your teeth is something that’s right for you, consider the Smartsmile Professional Teeth Whitening Kit. You’ll get professional results without paying a fortune, and that’s something worth smiling about.